The Social Media Magnet is an online course complete with a digital textbook, tools and resources to help students learn how to run an inbound marketing campaign using a hub-and-spoke design. The pedagogy that we have established, which stems from the theoretical model, will teach students Live and Online, not in a simulated environment. It has taken many years to build this theory, teaching model, pedagogy, and online delivery system, but through many sections of classes and assignments, we have found that the best way to teach digital marketing is through a live practicum. This practicum will allow students to create their own social media campaign complete with a fully functional website, social media acquisition channels, and an email retention program. Not only do we use this method with students, but with many clients as well. This is exactly how we consult in the real world, and we are bringing all of this methodology to students in a single semester. They will learn valuable skills for the digital marketplace, including:
- How to build a WordPress website (the value here alone is worth thousands of dollars in consulting),
- How to create and plan a message matrix and a 90-day rolling editorial calendar,
- How to properly schedule content through management tools like Hootsuite or CoSchedule,
- How to blog curated and created content,
- How to monitor and audit digital analytics (like Google Analytics and Facebook Insights), and
- How to run email campaigns to produce consumer retention, loyalty, and advocacy.
What’s the Absolute Best Part of the Whole Practicum?
Students get to keep ALL of their created assets at the end of the semester. That’s right, students get to keep the entire project, live and online. At the end of the semester, we transfer all of the rights and assets completely over to them. Students can kickstart this project into whatever they dream.
If you are interested in teaching your students with our Courseware and Live Practicum, gain your free Professor Preview here.