If you are a marketing student or professor, then you might wonder what type of entry-level job positions are available for marketing students with digital marketing skills. Recently, Vocate has helped address this question. Vocate is an online career services platform that creates meaningful connections between students and employers by providing curated internship and entry-level job matches. In their quest, they have provided business majors, specifically marketing majors, with some insight into five different type of entry-level positions upon graduation. They include:
- Social Media Specialist: Know how to analyze your audience, determine the right content to share, and maximizing the Return on Investment (ROI).
- Content Writer: Developing copy and collateral including blog posts, white papers, case studies, and emails, all with the goal of bringing more business to your company.
- SEO/SEM Specialist: Ensuring your company’s content ranks high in Google search results, leverage data from inbound web traffic, and determine keywords that make the most sense to use in content.
- Marketing Analyst: Collects data via surveys and measures campaign performance to make marketing efforts more successful.
- Online Ad Manager: Oversee paid advertising in online platforms by managing website promotion, issuing online press releases, and handling all online ad campaigns.
Coincidentally, college students who experience The Social Media Magnet’s online educational platform gain exposure to the skill sets needed for each one of these positions. Now its just up to the student to decide which area of expertise excites them most.